Saturday, July 21, 2007

It turned out I have dissed Cheesecake Photoblog prematurely. After some dialog in the Cheesecake Photoblog forum, I took one of the developers' suggestion to install a newer version than the one I tried first and failed; the newer version installed and worked just fine. After that, I was able to install the older version just as easily, and it worked straight out of the box, too. So I have to wonder if my initial problems with installation were caused by some temporary glitches in my web hosting environment. Of course, if that was the case, I'll never find out what the problem was. In any case, Cheesecake Photoblog does not yet have all the features that would make me seriously consider trading Gallery2 for it. I was told, though, that it may have those features in its version 2.0, whenever that might be.

No comments: